December 18, 2019
Best MIDI Controllers for Trap production
The new age of music is accompanied by some sophisticated and complex instruments and hardware. A MIDI controller is one such device that is required for every hip-hop production.
Musical instrument Digital Interface is a standard that sets up communication protocols with various digital instruments. A MIDI controller is devices that transfer MIDI data to different MIDI controlled devices and setting off sounds during a musical performance. It is a device that is required in every hip-hop musician’s arsenal.
Right now, we are going to talk about the five best MIDI controllers available in the market so that you can make the right decision.
M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3
– M-Audio’s Keystation series is one of the most popular MIDI controllers available in the market.
– The Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is an extremely portable option. It weighs just around 0.45kgs. It can be easily carried anywhere due to its design and 32 keys setup.
– It is incredibly durable and, therefore, can withstand rough usage.
– The Keystation Mini 32 Mk3 lives up to the high-quality standard set by the key station series
– M-Audio’s signature Pro Tools software accompanies it. It can also be connected to your Apple devices, giving functionality on the move.
– It is a cheap and inexpensive offering, and its simple controls are helpful for new users.
– To sum up, if you’re on a tight budget, the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 might be the option for you.
Akai Mpk Mini Mkii
– The MPK mini mkII is one of the most portable MIDI controllers in the market.
– It has simple 25 synth-action keys set up
– It has a unique note repeat function.
– Its 8 MPC-style pads are backlit.
– It is one of the cheapest MIDI controllers in the market. If you are on a tight budget, the Akai MPK mini mkII might be the choice for you.
M-Audio Keystation 61 MK3
– The Keystation 61 MK3 is a choice that is fit for everyone, whether you are a seasoned professional or a beginner.
– It has features like pitch bend and modulation wheels. Sixty-one full-sized velocity-sensitive keys fit every person’s needs.
– It is simple to use. You can start using it by directly connecting the device with a Mac or P.C.
– It is a classic MIDI controller without too many options. You can never go wrong with this purchase.
– It is cheap for what you get, and worth every buck spent.
Korg Nanokey Studio
– NanoKEY studio is a mobile MIDI keyboard.
– It can be connected to your Mac and P.C. devices via USB or wirelessly. It can also be easily attached to your iPhones and iPads using Bluetooth.
– One of the unique features is that these keyboards have illuminated keys to show recommended notes in the scale.
– It has a lightweight design and is extremely portable. It can be carried anywhere with ease.
– It has eight high-sensitive pads that can be used for drum input and playing chords.
– It also has a highly sensitive touchpad that can be used for digital synthesizer controls.
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2
– Native Instruments is one of the most popular brands when it comes to music production. Its Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 is a beast in its range.
– It has a pro-grade Fatar key bed with 49 semi-weighted keys.
– It has two separate high-resolution screens that help in browsing songs, tweaking parameters, and sketching new ideas. The displays are pre-mapped and ready to play.
– It has Light Guide functionality, which recommends notes in the scale.
– Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 sports ergonomically designed pitch and mod wheels.
– Its Deep integration with MASCHINE hardware and software helps the two play in tandem with each other.
– Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 comes with a lot of sounds. It has over 7,000 sounds and more than 33 G.B. worth of instrument effects.
All these MIDI controllers are at the top of the market. The users can choose among these based on their budget and keeping in mind their specific requirements. If you are on a budget and want portability, you can go for MPK Mini mkII, the Keystation Mini 32 Mk3 or the nanoKEY studio. More professional users can go with either the Keystation 61 Mk3 or Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2.